A Polish chapter of Toastmasters International, we are London’s premier Polish language public speaking club. Serving Polish speakers of all ages, professions, and dietary preferences, Polish Your Polish in London was founded by Gosia Gorna in 2007. Most of our meetings are in Polish, but we do hold special meetings and events in English–see below. Our members develop their public speaking abilities, leadership skills, and communication confidence thanks to the Toastmasters educational program, a proven method of using structured feedback over time, in order to continually improve themselves. As a result, it is much more effective than a weekend crash course in presentation skills.
The club was founded as part of a global effort to charter 10 clubs in Polish officially, so that the Toastmasters manuals can be translated into the Polish language, and join French, Spanish, and Chinese as official languages. To find out more about Toastmasters in London, visit the London Speaker.
The full list of club officers can be found here
English Events in 2012-2013
- 22/08/2011 Open meeting in English
- 25/09/2011 Humorous speech and Table Topics Contest
- 20/11/2011 Open meeting in English
- 22/01/2012 Open meeting in English
- TBD International Speech and Evaluation Contest
- 21/05/2012 Open meeting in English
How to find us
We meet in South Kensington at Ognisko Polskie [see map] on the second floor, 55 Prince’s Gate, Exhibition Road, SW7 2PN, near South Kensington tube. Our typical meetings are on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at 7:15pm (for a 7:30pm start), with additional special events such as contests, debates, or English Language meetings.
English Events in 2011-2012
- 09/08/2011 Open meeting in English
- 13/09/2011 Humorous speech and Table Topics Contest
- 22/11/2011 Open meeting in English
- 24/01/2012 Open meeting in English
- 13/03/2012 International Speech and Evaluation Contest
- 22/05/2012 Open meeting in English
English Events in 2010-2011
- 28/09/2010 Contest – Humorous speech and Table Topics contest
- 26/10/2010 Open meeting in English – Poland in the eyes of Polish and British people
- 25/01/2011 Open meeting in English – The carnival
- 22/03/2011 Contest – International speech and Evaluation contest
- 24/05/2011 Open meeting in English
English Events in 2009-2010
- 25 /08/2009 19:15 OPEN MEETING of Polish Your Polish – IN ENGLISH
- 16/09/2009 19:15 Contest – Humorous speech and Table Topics contest
- 26 /01/ 2010 19:15 OPEN MEETING Polish Your Polish – IN ENGLISH
- 10/03/2010 19:15 Contest – International speech and Evaluation contest (date changed from 09/03)
- 25 /05/2010 19:15 OPEN MEETING of Polish Your Polish – IN ENGLISH
Here is a brief video of Michał Misztal, giving a speech in English entitled “Positive Thinking and a Yes Attitude” during our contest last year:
Articles in English
Recession Busting Sales Skills: How presentation skills help improve company sales effectiveness, and how Toastmasters clubs can help out
Let Poles Know!
Be sure to tell your Polish-speaking friends now about us, by forwarding them a link to this website. From builder to banker, we are open to all Poles who are interested in personal development, and the only real requirement is a willingness to learn.